Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 1 Thoughts -- The truth in real time

Lil Rounds -- terrible outfit and a lousy rendition of MJ's The Way You Make Me Feel.  She really blew any momentum she had coming into this week.  Dreadful!  Randy, Kara & Paula were wrong in the praise they spouted.  Simon was even too nice.

Scott MacIntyre -- Smart choice to sing a lesser known MJ tune.  Scott is great when playing the piano.  I loved it.  Prior to tonight, I was not a fan.  I rarely disagree with Simon -- he thought the song choice was poor.

Danny Gokey -- PYT was his choice.  Was it good?  It's the greatest of all MJ songs and Gokey was OK.  I didn't love it, everyone else did.

Michael Sarver -- Nice guy.  I can live comfortably never seeing him perform again. It was a very forgettable performance.  

Jasmine Murray -- I'm not feelin' it.  Sounded pitchy to me.  She's pretty but not good enough to be America's next Idol.  She better hope that the next 7 have have two poor performers or she'll be gone.

Kris Allen -- BORING.

Allison Ireheta -- Rock star.  She's becoming one of my favorites.  Not a great MJ song, but it was awesome.  I want her to ditch the lavender hair.

Anoop Desai -- Anoop may hang himself after hearing the judges rip his beat it performance to pieces -- including Paula.  Unfortunately, I agree with the judges -- it was terrible.

Jorge Nunez -- Great voice, deep-full tone.  Bad song choice.  America needs to keep him around for another week.

Megan Corkrey -- She has such a weird sound to her voice.  That tattoo is so ugly.  She can stay or go -- I don't care.

Adam Lambert -- Axl Rose sings MJ and I liked it.  He's my choice for the title this year.

Matt Giraud -- Loved it!  Human Nature great song choice.

Alexis Grace -- The song was way too big for her.

The top three are Adam, Allison & Matt.  The people who should go home are Megan & Alexis.

If Norman Gentle was still in the contest do you think he would have sang Ebony & Ivory and sang both parts?






No comments:

Post a Comment